Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bristol F.2 Aircraft

This is going to be my first airplane that I'm going to do. I've never done an airplane, but I'm going to do my best. I still don't know what texture I should put on it, but I'm going to do more research on it. These are all of the pictures that I found. I did find more pictures, but these are the best ones. But that doesn't mean that I'm not going to use the ones that I didn't post.


Bristol F.2

This is the weapon that the Bristol F.2 has. I really want to create it and put it on the plane, but I'm going to focus more on the Bristol itself than the guns. And if I have more time I'm going to do it. Even if I turn it in without finishing the gun, I'm going to keep working with this project.

Weapons

The Bristol F.2 in Maya

I start creating the wing for my Bristol F.2 so I can know how big it was going to be my airplane. And after I finish creating the first wing I just duplicated and set it to its right locating.



After I finish creating the wings I start craeting the body, It was hard, but I manage to do it.


 As the result here it is the Bristo F.2 only with its body and wings. With no modification at all.


At the back of the body, I try to make a holl in it. So I can make the tail and put it to its right place.


To create the tale I use a squared polygon, and start making the shape.




For the other tail I use the same square polygon, but I put it longer and thicker. And from there I start giving the shape I wan it.




After I gave the shape, I knew that the tail its not the same as the wing. So I re-shape it and give the look that they are separate shapes.


Now for the pipe from the engiene. I use the shape that its call Pipe polygon to create it. It was hard for me how it look like, but thanks for the reference that I have it help me how it looks like. I gave them the gave the shape and the curve so it look real.



After creating the pipe, I need to create 5 little pipe. So in total would be 6.



Then after creating the first pipe from one side I only need to duplicated, move it to the other side, re-shape it and make it that its look the same as the other one.


Then after I finish creating the pipe and give the shape. I start creating with the square polygon so it looks like a bar, and it looks like its holding the pipe. And I have to create 5 more of those.



Now for the tire, a simple cylinder polygon and not too think nor thinner. And ofcourse shape it, so it looks like its a tire.



The rims for the tire it was a cone polygon.



The engiene is another cylinder polygon, but what I did its that I use extrude 2 times to give the form as the engene.



After working a lot with other project I forgat to loud my final model of the Bristol F.2. I haven't finish the texture, but now that I know a little bit more about the texturing I can do it like I want it. And yes after i did the basic shape of the Bristol F.2 I re model all over againg and start from zero and do it like it soppost to. Its like my Father always said to me "do the first one just as for a blue print, after you know how it work do the reall thing". Thanks dad for those words it really work.










If you want more details for how I did each part of the plane please ask. And if you see something wrong with the plane I will be glad to see your point of view and I will fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment